“Believe the Satpurush to Be My Form…”
Sadguru Nishkulanand Swami, a leading paramhansa of Bhagwan Swaminarayan, has profusely written poetry and lyrics that reflect the spirit of renunciation, detachment, morality and the glory of bhakti.
In all his works, he has predominantly focused on the glory of the Gunatit Satpurush. He sung them with enthusiasm and absolute clarity. A few examples of his literacy creations are as follows:
1. Kamdugha Kalpataru, paras chintamani char, Sant saman eke nahi, me manma karyo vichar. – (Bhaktchintamani: 2/7)
I have thought that out of four wish-fulfilling things, namely, the cow, tree, philosopher’s stone and gem; none are equal to the Satpurush.
2. Santkrupae sukh upaje santkrupathi sare kam, Santkrupathi pamiye puran Purushottam dham. – (Bhaktchintamani: 2/2)
Through the grace of the Sant one attains happiness, through his grace one accomplishes works and through his grace one attains the absolute abode of Purushottam.
3. Sant hu ne hu to vali Sant re, Em Shrimukhe kahe Bhagwant re, Sant manajo mari murti re, Ema fera nathi ek rati re. – (Nishkulanand Kavya: Purushottam Prakash, 41/9)
Referring to what Bhagwan Swaminarayan said Nishkulanand Swami explain, “The Sant is Me and I am the Sant. Believe the Sant to be My form and there is not an iota of difference between us.”
4. Ke’she sant to a bahu sara re, Khara kalian na karnara re, Etalo ja guna koi gre’she re, Te to Brahmamahole vas leshe re. – (Nishkulanand Kavya: Purushottam Prakash, 41/14)
If anyone says that this Sant is very good and the true redeemer; by appreciating this virtue he will attain Brahmamahol (Highest abode of God).
5. Sant desh pardesh fare chhe re, Sahu jivana agh hare chhe re, Ema darshan, sparsh je karshe re, Te to Bhavajal par utarshe re. - (Nishkulanand Kavya: Purushottam Prakash, 41/19)
The bona fide Sant travels to relieve the sins of all souls. Whosoever has his darshan and touches him will be redeemed from the ocean of life.
6. Dhanya dhanya e Sant sujan ne, Jenu ulati palatyu ap… Sant te swayam hari. Ap tali malya Bhagwan ma, Jena aapma Harino vyap.. Sant te swayam hari. – (Nishkulanand Swami).
Glorious is the Sant whose inner self is not mundane… (for) he is God himself. You have lost yourself and become one with God. In you pervade God…. Hence, he is God himself.